CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Very Berry Almond Whole Wheat Crepes

I love staying fit and cooking healthy meals. I am always on the look out for healthy recipes, so I found this wonderful crepe recipe from The Singing Runner Blog. It has been too long since I've made crepes, but I was inspired to try this one. What a wonderful breakfast it was!



Ingredients (makes 6-8 crepes):
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 T all purpose flour
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 egg
  • Dash of salt
  • 1 T sugar (if desired)
  • 2 cups of assorted frozen or fresh fruit (I used frozen blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries)
  • 1 handful crushed almonds

Directions:

1) Mix together flour, milk, egg, salt, and sugar in a small bowl.
2) In a sauce pan over medium heat add berries and heat until warm and syrup from fruit is thick.
3) Heat up and lightly grease a large frying pan or skillet.
4) Add 2-4 table spoons batter to the pan and remove from heat.
5) Turn pan to spread batter out and make into a thin layer. Cook on one side.
6) Remove from heat and repeat.
7) Add fruit and crushed almonds to center of crepe and roll up!

1 comments:

MaureenT said...

These look yummy!
I am a new follower from the blog hop...would you follow me please.

http://musingsbymaureen.blogspot.com/